Friday, June 08, 2007

Preview of the Upcoming Series

I am working (about half-way done) on a new series of paintings. I am working with acrylic, oil, gesso, and pencil and mainly re-claimed canvases. The working title for the series is Without the Space Within: A Study on Community and Self. Enjoy the 6 pieces below. And please email me with any questions. Eventually I will post sizes and titles...once the entire series is complete. Feel free to subscribe to this blog to stay connected.

Thanks!






4 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

What a wonderful series! The globes (bubbles?) convey such buoyancy – and a sense of constellation. Also, there’s a sort-of plaster-ish thing in your gesture with the paint and texturing medium; to me, it brings an ancient and Italian nuance. I guess that’s enhanced by the sepia and patina tones you introduce.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

cool round things and color....

9:27 AM  
Blogger Electronic Goose said...

I'm enjoying this series very much.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jeeze holly these pieces are really soulish...i'm taken to thoughts of mitosis ie cell multiplication after conception....the beginning of life...thanks for your heart and dedication to your art!!! ...moving... john

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home